Hermle Showcases Milling of VW T1 at Open House 2023
Hermle is excited to showcase the latest developments in machining technology, automation solutions and software during the Open House 2023 in Gosheim. This event, which will take place from 18 – 21 April 2023, will feature demonstrations of new machines and software, as well as expert advice and guidance on the latest trends in the industry.
Worldwide, there are over 30,000 successfully installed Hermle machining centers and milling machines. As times change and challenges increase, these machining centers continue to evolve across all the individual series. Yet these highly dynamic and precise machines remain completely original in their own right.
"The annual Open House from Hermle has also long since enjoyed a cult-like following. Not only due to the tasty traditional Swabian Maultaschen on offer, but also because of the machining ideas that we come up with to guarantee our extensive range of machines can be experienced live." And so, the idea was born to mill a model of a true cult classic at this year’s Open House – the VW T1. Like the Hermle machining centers, the T1 is an inimitable original that combines reliability, flexibility and sustainability, boasting almost 70 years of history and today brimming with state-of-the-art technology.
"Automation, digitalisation and Industry 4.0 have also long been present in our work and in the T1. Cutting-edge navigation, voice control and driver assistance systems are to cars what controller functions, digital modules and machining setups are to our machines. When equipped in this manner, all the requirements expected of innovative and contemporary machining processes are met in combination with fully automated handling and robot systems."
These current topics and, first and foremost, the “original” Hermle machining centres will be presented at the Hermle Open House in Gosheim from 18 to 21 April 2023. Over 20 machine models in full production and with interesting equipment from various high-tech industries will demonstrate the vast range of capabilities provided by Hermle products.
Highlights of the Open House
- Machines. Over 20 machining centers in full production in our showroom.
- Machining. Show-stopping items that will make your heart race.
- Automation. Hermle automation solutions for component weights ranging from 10 to 3000 kg.
- Robot systems. Compact and modular. RS 05-2, RS 1 and RS 2.
- Smart factory. Software solutions for efficiency, precision and enhanced productivity.
- User college. Our training programme for your benefits.
- Additive Manufacturing. Unique hermle mpa technology.
- Quick assistance. Overview of our services.
- Insights. Guided tours during live production.
- Impulses. Technical presentations for new perspectives.
- Special Exhibition. Partner companies showcasing their tool technology, hardware and software.